Inspection, Testing and Certification per NFPA 80 Standards
National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards require building owners to have their rolling and sliding fire doors inspected and tested annually, and to maintain written documentation of such inspections. Overhead Door Company of Whitmore Lake / East Lansing's Fire Door Drop Testing (FDDT) Program helps building owners and managers stay in compliance with NFPA 80 standards, while maintaining the proper operation and full closure of all facility rolling and sliding fire doors.
Fire Door Drop Testing Services Include:
- The inspection, testing and certification of your facility’s rolling and sliding fire doors to meet NFPA 80 Section 15-2.4.3-5 requirements by trained and certified technicians.
- A written Fire Door Inspection and Drop Test Report, which documents each FDDT service call for your facility’s records along with recommendations for any needed repairs or product replacement.
- A “Fire Door Certification” tag is attached to each serviced fire door indicating the date the door was inspected, tested and certified.
- Copies of your facility’s Fire Door Inspection and Drop Test Reports are kept in our Company records in case of an emergency or any compliance questions.
- You will be contacted on an annual basis to schedule future FDDT service appointments to help keep your fire doors in compliance with NFPA 80 Section 15-2.4.3-5 and in good working order.
Fire doors play a key role in building safety. Properly operating fire doors help protect property and save lives in the event of an emergency. Defective, damaged or non- functional fire doors can lead to tragic results and may subject building owners and managers to catastrophic losses and increased legal liability. Our FDDT Program provides for your facility’s ongoing compliance with NFPA 80 Section 15-2.4.3-5 requirements, while establishing and maintaining FDDT records for your facility on an annual basis.
To enroll in our Fire Door Drop Testing Program, please call 800-442-4426 or fill in the form below: